FELONY BURGLARY, ARMED ROBBERY & AGGRAVATED BATTERY
Looking for details on the law firm? click here
- The Incident: The client allegedly robbed a pain clinic, where, after he was denied medication.
- The Accused: The client signed into the clinic as a patient that morning, and paid the visitation fee in cash. After waiting to be seen, the clinic refused to see him, as he had been accused of doctor shopping, alleging that my client attempted to obtain multiple prescriptions for the same pain medicine from multiple clinics. After an extended period of time, he left swearing that he would get his money back.
- The Evidence: The Incident was captured on video. My client was clearly present on the video in the waiting room before the robbery. He repeatedly approached the front counter to inquire into the delay of being seen by the doctor. The client left the clinic. A short time later, the video surveillance shows that a man wearing a dark sweatshirt and carrying a revolver entered the clinic. He kicked down the door separating the waiting room from the examination rooms. He fought with the doctor, hitting him repeatedly with the gun, and even pointing it at him and pulling the trigger; the gun did not fire. The man entered the front office, where a nurse was hiding behind the door, and grabbed a pile of cash and a bank deposit bag before fleeing. The man ran out the back door and into a trailer park located behind the business. Thereupon, 2 women standing in their kitchen watched as the man removed the hoodie and hid it under an abandoned trailer, before being picked up by a silver car. The women called 911 and gave the license plate information. The car was tracked to a local apartment building, where soon after a SWAT team surrounded the building and ordered the occupants of the apartment out. When ordered out by SWAT the other males complied but my client refused. However, eventually he was taken into custody. The women from the trailer park were brought to the scene, and identified the client as the man who removed and hid the hoodie earlier. The nurse also identified my client as the man she saw in the office taking the money. Inside the apartment, police located the bank deposit bag from the clinic, cash, and a revolver.
- The Charges: Robbery with a Firearm, Burglary while Armed with a Firearm, Aggravated Battery with a Firearm
- My Counsel & Defense: I argued before the jury that the client was obviously upset that he was refused medical care, but had no part in the crimes, which were committed by another person.
- The VERDICT: Upon the jury returning The VERDICT of Not Guilty, the remaining charge of being a Felon in Possession of a Firearm was dismissed. – NOT GUILTY
If you, or someone you know, has been charged with armed robbery use the form below to drop me a note. Let me know a bit about yourself, what’s happened, and a good time to contact you.
-Joshua LeRoy, Esq.
Criminal Defense Attorney Joshua LeRoy, Esq. is dedicated to providing his clients with personalized, honest, and aggressive representation in any and all areas of criminal law in West Palm Beach, Boca Raton, Boynton Beach, Lake Worth, Delray Beach & the surrounding areas of Palm Beach County in the State of Florida.
Arrested? What happens now?
It’s essential to have a respected attorney working to defend your rights, do not delay.