HOME BURGLARY WHILE NEIGHBOR AWAY
Looking for details on the law firm? click here
This Home Burglary case involved:
- The Incident: A woman’s home was burglarized while at work.
- The Accused: He was a Prison Releasee Reoffender (PRR). He was facing a mandatory 15 year prison sentence if convicted.
- The Charges: Burglary of a Dwelling (PRR mandatory 15 year prison sentence) and Grand Theft
- The Evidence: The police responded to the neighbor’s apartment as the evidence pointed that someone therein committed the crime. After speaking with the client’s nephew, the police obtained a large amount of the victim’s property from inside of the apartment where the client was staying. The client later confessed to the crime.
- My Counsel & Defense: I drafted and filed a Motion to Suppress, challenging the legality of the police recovery of the evidence from inside the apartment where he was staying.
- The VERDICT: Plead to Burglary of a Structure and Grand Theft and 24 months in the Palm Beach County Jail. The State agreed to allow the client to plead to lessor charges, and a Palm Beach County jail sentence. My client who had 16 months of jail credit already, needless to say, was very very relieved and gladly accepted the plea.
Burglary of a Dwelling (PRR mandatory 15 year prison sentence) and Grand Theft
If you, or someone you know, has been charged with Burglary of a Dwelling use the form below to drop me a note. Let me know a bit about yourself, what’s happened, and a good time to contact you.
-Joshua LeRoy, Esq.
Criminal Defense Attorney Joshua LeRoy, Esq. is dedicated to providing his clients with personalized, honest, and aggressive representation in any and all areas of criminal law in West Palm Beach, Boca Raton, Boynton Beach, Lake Worth, Delray Beach & the surrounding areas of Palm Beach County in the State of Florida.
Arrested? What happens now?
It’s essential to have a respected attorney working to defend your rights, do not delay.