The Law in Plain English ➪ Boca Raton ➪
West Palm Beach Cruelty To Animals Attorney Josh LeRoy discusses:
Cruelty To Animals Charges
Need help? Use the form below, or read more about West Palm Beach Criminal Attorney Joshua LeRoy, Esq.
Table of Contents
- 1 The Law in Plain English ➪ Boca Raton ➪ West Palm Beach Cruelty To Animals Attorney Josh LeRoy discusses:
- 2 Cruelty To Animals Charges
- 3 What Should I Know about F.S. 828.12 before Hiring a West Palm Beach Animal Cruelty Attorney?
- 4 What is an example of a defense to the charge of animal cruelty?
- 5 What are the penalties for an animal-related crime?
- 6 Charged? Call West Palm Beach Animal Cruelty Attorney Josh LeRoy Because Experience Wins. Can You Afford to Lose?
- 7 Contact West Palm Beach Criminal Attorney Josh LeRoy
- 8 West Palm Beach Cruelty to Animals Attorney Joshua LeRoy, Esq. is dedicated to providing his clients with personalized, honest, and aggressive representation in any areas of criminal law in West Palm Beach, Boca Raton, Boynton Beach, Lake Worth, Delray Beach, Jupiter & the surrounding areas of Palm Beach County in the State of Florida.
What Should I Know about F.S. 828.12 before Hiring a West Palm Beach Animal Cruelty Attorney?Tlorida law prohibits and punishes acts by a person who “unnecessarily
overdrives, torments, deprives of necessary sustenance or shelter, unnecessarily mutilates, kills any animal, or causes the same to be done. ”
The same law prohibits and punishes carrying an animal in a vehicle cruelly.
What is an example of a defense to the charge of animal cruelty?
Suppose you have a charge of animal cruelty. In that case, an experienced animal cruelty attorney may discover a strong defense by carefully investigating the facts related to law enforcement’s conduct.
If, in collecting evidence against you, the police violated the law that strictly regulates their conduct, your lawyer may have substantial grounds to exclude that evidence from the State’s prosecution. With the exclusion or “suppression” of such evidence, the State often finds itself forced to drop the case.
Florida law classifies the intentional commission of cruelty to an animal as a 3rd-degree felony. It is
It is also a 3rd-degree felony in Florida to allow an animal that one owns or is in one’s custody to suffer excessively or cruel death. As a 3rd degree felony, a conviction for such crimes is punishable by penalties ranging from a term of probation up to 5 years in prison. A second conviction for the crime requires the judge to impose a mandatory prison sentence of at least six months with no allowance for parole or any form of early release.
Florida law classifies depriving an animal of food, water, or shelter as well as unnecessarily mutilating or killing an animal as a 1st-degree misdemeanor, punishable by penalties ranging from a term of probation up to one year in the county jail.
Charged? Call West Palm Beach Animal Cruelty Attorney Josh LeRoy Because Experience Wins. Can You Afford to Lose?
If you, or someone you know, find yourself in need of an Animal Cruelty Attorney in West Palm Beach (Palm Beach County from Boca Raton, Boynton Beach, Delray Beach, Lake Worth, West Palm Beach, and up to Jupiter), or any of the surrounding areas, use the form below to drop me a note. Tell me about yourself, what’s happened, and when would be a good time to contact you.
-Joshua LeRoy, Esq.
Looking for details on the law firm? Click here