A review of 3 top Q&As You MUST Know by ➪ Boca Raton ➪
West Palm Beach Juvenile Crime Attorney Josh LeRoy on:
Need help? Use the form below, or read more about West Palm Beach Criminal Attorney Joshua LeRoy, Esq.
Table of Contents
- 1 A review of 3 top Q&As You MUST Know by ➪ Boca Raton ➪ West Palm Beach Juvenile Crime Attorney Josh LeRoy on:
- 2 Juvenile Crimes & Related Charges
- 3 Before Hiring a Juvenile Crime Attorney, What Should I Know About F.S. 985?
- 4 Was sort of defenses will a juvenile criminal attorney use for some of the more common crimes??
- 5 What are the penalties for juvenile crimes?
- 6 Charged? Call West Palm Beach Juvenile Crimes Attorney Josh LeRoy Because Experience wins. Can You Afford to Lose?
- 7 Contact West Palm Beach Criminal Attorney Josh LeRoy
- 8 West Palm Beach Juvenile Crime Attorney Joshua LeRoy, Esq. is dedicated to providing his clients with personalized, honest, and aggressive representation in any areas of criminal law in West Palm Beach, Boca Raton, Boynton Beach, Lake Worth, Delray Beach, Jupiter & the surrounding areas of Palm Beach County in the State of Florida.
Before Hiring a Juvenile Crime Attorney, What Should I Know About F.S. 985?When the police arrest a minor for committing a crime, the State may prosecute
the juvenile in a less onerous manner than an adult. The primary difference is the nature of the punishment imposed.
A minor convicted in the juvenile justice system may lose his liberty, but the State does not achieve this sanction by sending the juvenile to prison; rather, the State creates what it calls “programs,” curricula administered within usually secure residential facilities, designed to continue the child’s education as well as foster his growth and rehabilitation.
But the child is deprived of liberty, nevertheless. The State calls such incarceration “detention” rather than imprisonment.
Was sort of defenses will a juvenile criminal attorney use for some of the more common crimes??
The State charges minors with the same crimes the state charges adults with; hence, the same defenses are available to juveniles as adults. For example, one defense an experienced juvenile attorney may use against trespassing is that the property did not provide the juvenile with signs in the proper location.
Alternatively, the signs did not contain the appropriate size lettering as required by law. Similarly, one defense against possession of marijuana in a small quantity is that the arresting officer did not have the lawful right to stop and/or search the defendant.
What are the penalties for juvenile crimes?
As I related above, judges sentence children convicted of crimes to “programs” that restrict the child’s liberty proportionately to the seriousness of the offenses. Juveniles may receive a sentence to four different types of programs: (a) minimum risk, non-residential; (b) nonsecure residential; (c) high-risk residential; and (d) maximum risk residential.
Charged? Call West Palm Beach Juvenile Crimes Attorney Josh LeRoy Because Experience wins. Can You Afford to Lose?
If you, or someone you know, find yourself in need of a juvenile crime attorney in West Palm Beach (Palm Beach County from Boca Raton, Boynton Beach, Delray Beach, Lake Worth, and up to Jupiter) or any of the surrounding areas, use the form below to drop me a note.
Tell me about yourself, what’s happened, and when would be a good time to contact you.
-Joshua LeRoy, Esq.
Looking for details on the law firm? Click here