MARIJUANA POSSESSION W/SUSPENDED LICENSE, West Palm Beach, FL.
Looking for details on the law firm? click here
This Marijuana Possession w/Suspended License case involved:
- The Incident: The Client had two DUI convictions within 6 months of each other, which resulted in the client’s driver’s license being suspended for 5 years. He was caught driving during that 5 year suspension. During a search, police also found marijuana in the car.
- The Accused: The client was originally offered a county jail sentence.
- The Charges: Typically, the State Attorney requires at least 30 days in jail for driving with a suspended license when it is suspended for a DUI conviction; the client had two prior DUI convictions.
- The Evidence: The police responded to the neighbor’s apartment as the evidence pointed that someone therein committed the crime. After speaking with the client’s nephew, the police obtained a large amount of the victim’s property from inside of the apartment where the client was staying. The client later confessed to the crime.
- My Counsel & Defense: Plead to lessor of Driving without a License and Possession of Marijuana. The client and I worked on trying to obtain a hardship license, but unfortunately could not. Complicating the matter was the fact that if the client was convicted of Driving While License Suspended, he would have become a habitual traffic offender. His license would have been suspended for another 5 years, and he would be subject to felony charges.
- The VERDICT: I was able to negotiate a reduction of the charge, save the license, prevent him becoming a habitual traffic offender, and NO JAIL OR PROBATION. He was ordered to pay only about $300.00 in court costs.
If you, or someone you know, has been charged with marijuana possession, DUI or issues with a suspended license use the form below to drop me a note. Let me know a bit about yourself, what’s happened, and a good time to contact you.
-Joshua LeRoy, Esq.
Criminal Defense Attorney Joshua LeRoy, Esq. is dedicated to providing his clients with personalized, honest, and aggressive representation in any and all areas of criminal law in West Palm Beach, Boca Raton, Boynton Beach, Lake Worth, Delray Beach & the surrounding areas of Palm Beach County in the State of Florida.
Arrested? What happens now?
It’s essential to have a respected attorney working to defend your rights, do not delay.