FOUNDED LEROY LAW
LEROY LAW CLIENTS
Lake Worth Criminal Lawyer & DUI Attorney
You shouldn’t be forced to speculate if the firm cherry-picks media-worthy court cases and assigns what’s left to overstressed, less experienced associates. Or wonder whether or not your attorney established your fees based on what they think you can afford – billing different clients different prices merely because they look different!
These are things you shouldn’t have to worry about. Nonetheless, you really should.
I’m a veteran Criminal Attorney with an AVVO rating of 10.0 in DUI and Traffic, 10.0 in Criminal Defense, and even 10 Best in Customer Satisfaction. I’m A/V Rated Preeminent by my colleagues and have been selected into the Top 100 National Trial Lawyers. I regard every client just as if they were my only client.
Do you have questions – or worse, are you in trouble and have little idea of where to start or even what questions you should be asking? Don’t hesitate. Secure legal advice promptly. The more time you hold off, the more complex the case turns.
Need answers? I have them. Call me. I’m here to help!
A personal note from Lake Worth Criminal Lawyer Josh LeRoy:
This firm carries my name. Every case is taken very seriously, and every client is treated as if they were my only client. How it performs in court, how clients remember it, is my signature.
It is my legacy to my children.
Your concerns, questions, and fears are important to me. I do my best to prepare you for all eventualities. The only thing worse than going through the criminal justice system is going through it unprepared and alone.
Rates are affordable compared to others you will find because I personally handle every case. I am your attorney. I draft and argue Motions. I appear in court. I personally return calls. You get me if you need me – not an assistant, secretary, paralegal, or junior associate.
Be wary of criminal defense lawyers who misrepresent facts or the law to entice you to sign a retainer only to reveal later the “truth” of your case – and its actual cost. We openly discuss your situation and your choices and strategize accordingly.
Since you’re reading this, I’d venture to guess that you or someone you’re close with needs an attorney. You’ve taken the first step and started to research your options. That’s good. You must be proactive in your defense at all times.
Take the next step, and keep that forward momentum! The longer you take to find counsel, the harder your case becomes. Drop me a note and let me know what the problem is.
-Joshua LeRoy, Esq.
– 2012+, Fighting the Good Fight!
Founded LeRoy Law, PA.
– 2009 – 2011, Firm Experience
Powers, McNalis, Torres, and Teabaggy (insurance defense) and Skier Law Firm (criminal defense).
– 2005 – ’09, Public Defender
I began my career as a Palm Beach Public Defender, defending thousands of clients with charges ranging from minor misdemeanors to felonies punishable by mandatory life imprisonment. I gained invaluable trial experience and knowledge of the justice system through countless trials – nearly all with favorable outcomes.
It shaped me into a formidable trial attorney and perfected my skills as a creative legal researcher and writer. I developed an exceptional talent for finding details other criminal attorneys regularly miss, giving me an edge in defending my clients. I am regularly hired to replace other lawyers.
– 2005, S. Florida Native
I was raised in Palm Beach County. I graduated from Suncoast Community High School, Brandeis University, and studied to become a criminal lawyer at the University of Florida Levin College of Law.READ MY BIO →
Need a Lake Worth Criminal Lawyer?
- Marijuana Possession & ParaphernaliaMary Jane, Marijuana, pot, weed, cannabis, chronic, krypy, etc., is not legal throughout Florida state. At this time, anyway! The “It’s just a joint” attitude may very well result in a year in prison, a one thousand dollar penalty, and a compulsory driver’s license revocation. An excess of twenty grams is significantly worse!
I have built a formidable background as a Lake Worth Criminal Attorney through the years – especially in marijuana possession. In all likelihood, I will have your criminal charges dropped, circumvent conviction altogether, and maintain your license. Results vary depending on circumstances, so call me, and we will discuss your case…
- Violent CrimesNumerous charges in Florida fall under this grouping. Violent crimes consist of but are not restricted to, murder, kidnapping, rape or sexual battery, home invasion, robbery, carjacking, aggravated assault, aggravated battery, and burglary. Many carry mandatory prison penalties that prosecuting lawyers will make their goal to obtain. If a gun is utilized at the time of committing the crime, the 10-20-life punishment code is strongly enforced.
It would be best if you had a competitive Lake Worth Criminal Lawyer with expertise in this discipline of law. I’ve effectively defended individuals in all the charges above – and more. Contact me, fill me in on what happened, and then we will discuss your potential future.
- Burglary (Breaking & Entering)Burglary (Breaking & Entering, B&E) occurs when anyone enters into the property of an individual with the intent actually to carry out an offense. Theoretically, a burglary offense doesn’t need evidence of breaking in, nor will it require proof that theft took place on the inside. Burglary strictly requires evidence that once the property or house has been entered, that person had the intent to commit a crime.
Due to the fact evidence of the burglary depends on your intent at the time of entry, there are defenses. Who can unquestionably tell you exactly what your actual purpose might have been? Call me, and we can review some of those defenses and discuss how they may help you.
- Felony Drug PossessionThe most frequent reason for arrest throughout the country is, without a doubt, drug possession. Be it cocaine, illicitly acquired medications (Xanax, Percocet, Oxycontin, Lortab, Etc.), crack, heroin, PCP, LSD, or peyote, acquiring any illicit drug, besides small quantities of marijuana, will be a felony offense in the Sunshine State. Penalties often carry a prison sentence, probation, and in Florida, any drug possession conviction results in a compulsory driving license suspension.
Remember, close proximity to drugs doesn’t necessarily mean you are guilty of possession—telephone my firm. I will go through your situation. I will carefully inspect just how interaction with law enforcement began. I will determine if your Fourth Amendment civil liberties have been disregarded. I will fight for you. I will help!
- Probation ViolationWhen on probation, common daily tasks could put you at risk of violating your probation and getting sent straight to jail. I take great pride in helping clients with all probation issues, including:
- Violation Defense
- Motions to Modify Probation
- Motions to Terminate Probation
- Interacting with Officers
- Clarification/Interpretation of Probation Terms and conditions
The finer points in your probation may sometimes be complex and/or contradicting. Lots of violations have occurred due to naive misconceptions! Come in for a step-by-step assessment of your “probation papers” before you make an error that can violate your probation’s conditions. Allow me to take you through the main points.
However, contact me immediately if you have recently violated the conditions due to some misconception or other reason. I have cleared up many probation violation legal cases through the years. I’m here to help – all you need to do is call.
- ExpungementsYour court case has been dismissed. Violations dropped. Yet, most are unaware that you still need to clean up your public record. Any criminal background check will still show those offenses. The dismissed criminal case may ruin a good job opportunity or promotion or prevent you from realizing various personal goals and objectives.
Fortunately, Florida’s legal system allows individuals to expunge an entire arrest/criminal offense. Subject to a variety of provisions, the most important of which is that you have had no prior convictions. Several violations from one court case, such as a felony down filed to a misdemeanor, can be removed from your record forever.
I can help clean up your criminal record. I can help put a criminal arrest behind you by expunging the court case. Contact me to discuss how I could help you move forward with your life.
- DUIs & Traffic TicketsOur capacity for making mistakes is, to a certain extent, what makes us human. I see it as an inescapable fact. This is the reason I believe most traffic-related fines are unjust. I’ve had great success in getting violations reduced and altogether dropped. For more details, check out my Lake Worth DUI Lawyer or my Lake Worth Traffic Attorney resources.
“Justice denied anywhere diminishes justice everywhere..”
-Martin Luther King, Jr
Lake Worth Criminal Lawyer Joshua LeRoy’s
CRIMINAL DEFENSE PRACTICE AREAS
Assault & Battery
Theft & Related Charges
Weapon Related Crimes
Lake Worth Criminal Lawyer Joshua LeRoy’s
PALM BEACH COUNTY CRIMINAL LAW BLOG
What are the conditions for early termination probation? Section 948.05, Florida Statutes (2011), states, “[a] court may at any time cause a probationer…to ap-pear before it to be admonished or commended, and, when satisfied that its action will be for the best interests of justice and the welfare of society, it may discharge the probationer…
Just what does it mean to have your case dismissed? When defending his client against the State, a smart criminal defense attorney sees the fight like a game of chess; he strives to win the case in as few moves as possible. However, to do so, the lawyer, like a soldier going to war, must…
Lake Worth Criminal Lawyer Joshua LeRoy, Esq.
I am a dedicated Lake Worth Criminal Lawyer who provides all clients with personalized, honest, and aggressive representation in all areas of criminal law in North Palm Beach, West Palm Beach, Boca Raton, Boynton Beach, Wellington, Jupiter, Delray Beach & the surrounding areas of Palm Beach County in the State of Florida.
My firm is the culmination of years of hard work and devotion to vigorously defending my clients. Having defended thousands of criminal defendants charged with the gamut of criminal charges, I understand the intricacies of the criminal justice system. I created this firm with the singular mission of ensuring that my clients receive the focused and detailed representation they need to obtain a favorable disposition – no matter the charges.
NEED A LAKE WORTH CRIMINAL LAWYER? REQUEST A FREE CONSULTATION
Fill out the form below to receive a free and confidential initial consultation.