FOUNDED LEROY LAW
LEROY LAW CLIENTS
Wellington Criminal Lawyer & DUI Attorney
You should have to wonder whether or not the criminal defense firm hired has lawyers cherry picking media suitable cases while delegating everything else to over-worked, much less qualified, associates. Or worry whether or not rates were determined by what the law firms suspects you are willing to pay – charging different clients different fees for the same level of work!
You should not. And yet, you should.
I’m a veteran Criminal Lawyer, AVVO rating 10.0 in DUI and Traffic, 10.0 in Criminal Defense, and additionally 10 Best in Customer Satisfaction. I’m A/V Rated Preeminent by my peers and have been selected into the Top 100 National Trial Lawyers. I look after each client as if he / she were my only client.
You have questions – or worse, you are in trouble and have no idea what to do, or what questions you should be asking. Don’t hesitate. Secure a lawyer promptly. The longer you hold off the more difficult your court case ends up being.
You’re in search of honest answers. I have them.
A personal note from Wellington Criminal Lawyer Josh LeRoy:
This firm carries my name. Every case is taken very seriously, and every client is treated as if they were my only client. How it performs in court, how clients remember it, is my signature.
It is my legacy to my children.
Your concerns, questions and fears are important to me. I do my best to prepare you for all eventualities. The only thing worse than going through the criminal justice system, is going through it unprepared and alone.
Rates are affordable compared to others you will find because I personally handle every case. I am your attorney. I draft and argue Motions. I appear in court. I personally return calls. If you need me, you get me – not an assistant, secretary, paralegal or junior associate.
Be wary of criminal defense lawyers who misrepresent facts or the law to entice you to sign a retainer only to later reveal the “truth” of your case – and its true cost. We openly discuss your situation, your choices and strategize accordingly.
Since you’re reading this, I’d venture a guess either you, or someone you’re close with, needs an attorney. You’ve taken the first step and started to research your options. That’s good. you must be proactive in your defense at all times.
Take the next step, keep that forward momentum! The longer you take to find counsel the harder your case becomes. Drop me a note and let me know what the problem is.
-Joshua LeRoy, Esq.
– 2012+, Fighting the Good Fight!
Founded LeRoy Law, PA.
– 2009 – 2011, Firm Experience
Powers, McNalis, Torres, and Teabaggy (insurance defense) and Skier Law Firm (criminal defense).
– 2005 – ’09, Public Defender
I began my career as a Palm Beach Public Defender, defending thousands of clients with charges ranging from minor misdemeanors to felonies punishable by mandatory life imprisonment. I gained invaluable trial experience and knowledge of the justice system through countless trials – nearly all with favorable outcomes.
It shaped me into an formidable trial attorney and perfected my skills as a creative legal researcher and writer. I developed a special talent for finding details other criminal attorneys regularly miss that gives me an edge in defending my clients. I am regularly hired to replace other lawyers.
– 2005, S. Florida Native
I was raised in Palm Beach County. I graduated from Suncoast Community High School, Brandeis University, and studied to become a criminal lawyer at the University of Florida Levin College of Law.READ MY BIO →
Need a Wellington Criminal Lawyer?
- Marijuana Possession & ParaphernaliaMary Jane, Marijuana, pot, weed, cannabis, chronic, krypy, etc., is unlawful in Florida state. For the moment at least! The “It’s only one joint” thinking process is likely to result in a year in jail, a $1,000 fine on top of a compulsory driving license revocation.
Having more than 20 grams is significantly more severe!
I have achieved a notable reputation as an effective Wellington Criminal Lawyer defending all types of illegal drug possession criminal charges over the years – especially marijuana possession. Chances are I will get your charges dismissed, evade conviction completely, and keep your driving license. What I can manage for you depends on your specific details. So, phone me and we’ll discuss your options…
- Violent CrimesNumerous charges within Florida fall into this specific classification. Violent crimes consist of, but aren’t restricted to, murder, kidnapping, rape or sexual battery, home invasion, robbery, carjacking, aggravated assault, aggravated battery, along with burglary. Almost all have compulsory jail sentences which prosecuting lawyers are going to make sure it is their top priority to acquire .
Whenever a gun is employed over the course of committing the crime the 10-20-life punishment code is vigorously enforced.
It is extremely important you have an ambitious Wellington Criminal Attorney proficient in this area of law. I have effectively defended clients in all of the case types mentioned right above – and much more. Call, we’ll go over just what took place, and then we will have a discussion about your future.
- Burglary (Breaking & Entering)Burglary (Breaking & Entering, B&E) takes place when someone enters the house or property of another with the intent to actually commit a criminal offense. From a technical perspective, a burglary offense doesn’t require proof of breaking in, nor does it necessitate evidence that a criminal offenses took place while within.
Burglary just simply requires evidence that when the home or property has been entered the you had the required intent to commit a crime.
Considering the fact that evidence of the burglary depends upon your intent at the point of access , there are many defenses. Who is going to honestly say to you what your actual intent was? Phone my office and we can have a discussion about these defenses and how we might be able to apply them to your situation.
- Felony Drug PossessionThe most commonly seen reason behind arrest in the United States is drug possession. Whether or not it’s cocaine, illicitly acquired medications (Xanax, Percocet, Oxycontin, Lortab, Etc.), crack, heroin, pcp, lsd, or peyote, possession of any kind of illicit drug, aside from small amounts of weed, will be a felony charge in Florida. Punitive measures can entail imprisonment and / or probation and also, in Florida, any kind of drug possession conviction results in a required license suspension .
However, just because you were near drugs at point of your arrest does not necessarily prove you are guilty. Call my law firm. I will review your criminal offense. I will review how the interaction with authorities started off. I will see whether your Fourth Amendment civil rights had been disregarded.
I will deal with the problem for you. I will help !
- Probation ViolationWhen on probation, relatively simple ordinary activities might put you in danger of violating your probation and getting you sent directly to jail. I take great pride in defending clients in all probation issues, including:
- Violation Defense
- Motions to Modify Probation
- Motions to Terminate Probation
- Speaking with Officers
- Explanation/Interpretation of Probation Conditions
The provisions in your probation may be unclear, and even contradictory at times. Lots of violations have been because of innocent misconceptions! You should come in for a step-by-step review of your “probation papers” before you make a simple misstep that could possibly violate your probation’s stipulations. I will walk you through the main points.
However, if you’ve already violated your terms due to some misunderstanding, or something else, reach out to me as soon as possible. I have sorted out countless probation violation offenses through the years. Allow me to be of assistance.
- ExpungementsYour case has been dismissed. All the charges are now dropped. All the same, at this point you still need to clear your arrest record of the charges filed against you. Background checks will still display those violations. Dismissed charges can keep you from locating a decent job, prevent you from getting a promotion, and or hold you back from realizing other personal ambitions.
Thankfully, Florida’s statutes allow for a person to expunge an entire police arrest/criminal case. Subject to a variety of provisions, foremost of which is you have never previously been convicted of any kind of criminal activity. This means many different criminal charges from one court case, such as a felony down filed to a simple misdemeanor, can be fully wiped from your record forever.
I can help you thoroughly clean your criminal record. I will help place an offense behind you from expunging the criminal offense. Contact me to go over how I will help you put the past behind you so you can go on with your life.
- DUIs & Traffic TicketsOur capacity to make mistakes is, to a certain extent, part of what makes us human. I see that as being an undeniable fact. This is the reason I believe a number of traffic connected penalties are unjust. I have had great success in getting charges reduced, and in many cases wholly dropped. For details, pay a visit to my Wellington DUI Lawyer or my Wellington Traffic Attorney resource.
“Justice denied anywhere diminishes justice everywhere..”
-Martin Luther King, Jr
Wellington Criminal Lawyer Joshua LeRoy’s
CRIMINAL DEFENSE PRACTICE AREAS
Assault & Battery
Theft & Related Charges
Weapon Related Crimes
Wellington Criminal Lawyer Joshua LeRoy’s
PALM BEACH COUNTY CRIMINAL LAW BLOG
What are the conditions for early termination probation? Section 948.05, Florida Statutes (2011), states, “[a] court may at any time cause a probationer…to ap-pear before it to be admonished or commended, and, when satisfied that its action will be for the best interests of justice and the welfare of society, it may discharge the probationer…
Just what does it mean to have your case dismissed? When defending his client against the State, a smart criminal defense attorney sees the fight like a game of chess; he strives to win the case in as few moves as possible. However, to do so, the lawyer, like a soldier going to war, must…
Wellington Criminal Lawyer Joshua LeRoy, Esq.
I am a dedicated Wellington Criminal Lawyer who provides all clients with personalized, honest, and aggressive representation in any and all areas of criminal law in North Palm Beach, West Palm Beach, Boca Raton, Delray Beach, Jupiter, Palm Beach Gardens, Riveria Beach, Boynton Beach & the surrounding areas of Palm Beach County in the State of Florida.
My firm is the culmination of years of hard work and dedication devoted to vigorously defending my clients. Having defended literally thousands of criminal defendants charged with the gamut of criminal charges, I understand the intricacies of the criminal justice system. I created this firm with the singular mission of ensuring that my clients receive the focused and detailed representation they need in order to obtain a favorable disposition – no matter the charges.
NEED A WELLINGTON CRIMINAL LAWYER?
REQUEST A FREE CONSULTATION
Fill out the form below to receive a free and confidential initial consultation.